Monday, September 17, 2007

Racing Down Delhi’s Roads


Racing Down Delhi’s Roads




“India has moved one step closer to hosting its first ever Formula One race. That after IOA President Suresh Kalmadi met with F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone and was handed two draft contracts to that end.




Two alternative sites have been identified and a date has been fixed. Now what's needed in the immediate future is the money that will turn that draft into a proper contract that can seal the deal.




The F1 group has turned its conditional offer for a Formula One race in India into a more concrete reality.




They've handed the Indian Olympic Association drafts of a Race Promotion Contract and a Circuit Right Agreement. The plan is for Delhi to host a race in early 2010, possibly March.




The immediate order of business for the IOA is to select one between Greater Noida and Sohna, the two sites shortlisted by Herman Tilke, the F1's chief architect who visited Delhi last fortnight.


Kalmadi says that will happen within the next month after……..”

For more info: http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/showsports.aspx?id=SPOEN20070026387

IOA President Suresh Kalmadi now wants to add to the already over flowing, overcrowded city a Formula One race track. There is hardly a space in the City, the 15 million people who live Delhi can explain to you a lot better about the crowd there. With the Commonwealth games being conducted in 2010 Delhi is going to need more space to spread out, given the number of the venues planned (more than 10). The city transport systems are overflowing and ineffective. The preparation for 2010 commonwealth games have not done much to improve the city appalling condition, some people are wondering if the city will ever be prepared to host the games in 2010.



With two events (Commonwealth games and India's first Formula One race) there is of course lot of revenue expected but will authorities be able to manage it?


There are 28 states in India, with hundreds of suitable sites each; they never chose that all those cities. I agree that Delhi is capital, which does not mean you are going to overcrowd it with so many Stadia. There are hundreds of suitable cities in this country, it not only give what we want but also improve those cities simultaneously. The infrastructure needed will eventually be paid by the revenue earned from these new facilities and from tourism and other related ventures.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That makes a lot of sense? Are U listing Dr. Suresh Kalmadi?

Aishwarya Sharma said...

i liked ur writing, im usin sum ov ur stuff 4 ma paper Garhwal Post. jus hope u dnt mind i wanted 2 inform u b4 doin so

About Me

That's a tough one...I hate talking about me....but here it goes... I'm not ur usual kinda guy(whatever that's supposed to be....), I like being Myself, having my space and like I usually say I AM WHAT I AM(u got got a problem with it Go to Hell, i give a damm) I wanna live my life, MY WAY. My advice to Everyone - Life is short...BREAK SOME RULES!! HAVE SOME FUN....Live life to the very fullest and make sure it's worth it.... I love my friends and good company (and value it...) I am a introvert in many ways... but it's different each time... .. The rest... wel i can't think of nothing more...so i guess I'll leave the rest for u ppl reading this to figure out( if you can that is)..... get to know me & u'll like me or you can get HELL out of here.............ASAP

Clique